II. The CareerConnection.me Service
III. Registration and Account Security
Your Account will be accessed through a user ID and password (your “ID”). You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your ID, and you are fully and solely responsible for all activities that occur under your ID. It is up to you to take adequate precautions with your ID, and to immediately notify CareerConnection.me of any unauthorized use of your ID.
IV. Your Representations
By using the Service, you expressly agree to the following:
- You shall provide accurate, true and current information as prompted during the account registration process, and you will keep that information up to date in case it changes. You shall not create a false identity on CareerConnection.me.
- You shall be solely and fully responsible for all activity associated with your account, including, without limitation any posted data, text, links, video files, photos, or any other content (collectively, the “User Content”).
- You represent and warrant that all User Content that you post to the Service shall be your wholly original material (except for material that you are using with the permission of its owner), and does not infringe any copyright, trademark or other rights of any third party including without limitation any rights of privacy or publicity.
- We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the loss of your User Content.
- You shall not share your password with any other person or publicly disclose it, or permit others to use your Account.
- You shall notify CareerConnection.me in writing immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your Account.
- You shall not use or attempt to use another user’s Account without specific authorization from us.
- You shall not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose.
- You shall not attempt to modify, sell, reverse engineer, decompile, hack, destabilize or adapt the Service or its source code, or cause or enable others to do so.
- You shall not transmit worms, viruses or any code, files or programs of a destructive nature to CareerConnection.me or its users.
- You shall not, without our prior express written permission, use any high volume automated means (including but not limited to robots, spiders and scripts) to access the Service.
- You agree not to collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the Service.
- You are solely responsible for obtaining and maintaining all equipment and services needed for access to and use of the CareerConnection.me and for paying all charges related thereto.
- Any comments, suggestions, or feedback relating to the CareerConnection.me service (collectively “Feedback”) submitted to CareerConnection.me shall become the property of CareerConnection.me. We will not be required to treat any Feedback as confidential, and will not be liable for any ideas (including, without limitation, product or advertising ideas) and will not incur any liability as a result of any similarities that may appear in our future services or operations. Without limitation, we will have exclusive ownership of all present and future existing rights to Feedback. We will be entitled to use the Feedback for any commercial or other purpose whatsoever, without compensation to you or any other person sending the Feedback.
- You shall not abuse, harass, threaten, harm or impersonate other CareerConnection.me users or employees of CareerConnection.me or any of its partners, at any time or for any reason.
- You shall not manipulate or alter identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any communication transmitted through the Service.
- You shall not post User Content that is hateful, threatening, pornographic, obscene, abusive, unlawful, harassing, racially or ethnically offensive, libelous or defamatory, or any content that encourages unlawful conduct.
- You shall not submit material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to intellectual property or third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from the rightful owner to post the material and to grant CareerConnection.me all of the license rights granted herein.
- You understand that when using the Service, you will be exposed to User Content provided by other users and you agree that CareerConnection.me is not responsible for the accuracy, safety, appropriateness or intellectual property rights of or related to such content.
- You may not use the Service to send commercial or other messages to any third-party if those messages are not solicited, authorized or welcomed by the third-party, and in your use of the Service you must comply with all applicable laws, including laws that apply in any jurisdiction to spam and marketing practices, and with any applicable marketing association guidelines on ethical marketing practices.
V. User Content
VI. License Grant
(a) Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you are hereby granted a revocable, non-transferable, nonassignable, nonsublicenseable non-exclusive, limited right and license to use the Service. CareerConnection.me reserves all rights not expressly granted herein in the Service. CareerConnection.me may terminate this license at any time for any reason or no reason.
(b) By submitting User Content to the Service, you hereby grant CareerConnection.me a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully paid up, perpetual, non-revocable fully sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, perform, publish, remove, retain, add, process, analyze, use and commercialize, in any way now known or in the future discovered, the User Content when operating the Service. You also grant each user of the Service a non-exclusive license to access your User Content through the Service, and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform such User Content.
VII. Our Proprietary Rights
Except for your User Content, the Service and its materials, including, without limitation, software, images, text, graphics, illustrations, logos, patents, trademarks, service marks, copyrights, photographs, audio, videos and music, and all Intellectual Property Rights related thereto (“Materials”), are the exclusive property of CareerConnection.me. You may not distribute, exchange, modify, reproduce, perform, sell or transmit the Materials for any business, commercial or public purposes. Except as explicitly provided herein, nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to create a license in or under any such Intellectual Property Rights. Use of the CareerConnection.me content or Materials on the Service for any purpose not expressly permitted by this Agreement is prohibited. You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any portion of the CareerConnection.me website or any Materials without express written consent of CareerConnection.me. You are granted a revocable and nonexclusive right to create a hyperlink to the CareerConnection.me website so long as the link does not portray CareerConnection.me, its affiliates, or their products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive manner. You may not use any CareerConnection.me logo or other Materials as part of the link without express written consent of CareerConnection.me. Breach of any of these terms may result in, among other things, termination or suspension of your Account and rights to use the Service.
VIII. Dependence on Subscription
Your access to the Service may be dependent on our subscription to the Bloomfire.com service and/or on the subscription of CareernConnection.me who pays certain fees to Bloomfire. As such, the Services offered by CareerConnection.me depend on the terms of that subscription. If the subscriber (including you, if applicable) ceases to pay the fees due to CareerConnection.me, CareerConnection.me may cease to provide you access to the Service and/or terminate your Account. Similarly, if the terms of the subscription to the CareerConnection.me Service change, you may experience changes to the features or capacity of your Account.
Subscriptions must be paid for in advance. The fees required to use the Service are non-refundable. There will be no refunds or credits for partial months of service, upgrade/downgrade refunds, or refunds for months unused with an open Account.
IX. Cancellation and Termination
You are solely responsible for properly canceling your Account. You may cancel your account by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, stating that you wish to cancel your Account and providing the name and address of the credit card used to establish your Account.
In CareerConnection.me’s sole discretion, all of your User Content may be immediately deleted from the Service upon cancellation. If you cancel your subscription for the Service before the end of your current paid-up month, your Account will remain live until the end of the paid month. At that time, the Account will be terminated immediately and you will not be charged again. CareerConnection.me, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your Account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service, or any other CareerConnection.me service, for non-payment, breach of this Agreement and any other reasonable reason at any time. CareerConnection.me may terminate your Account if the subscriber that gifted you to join as a User ceases to use or pay for the Service. Any such termination of the Service will result in the deactivation or deletion of your Account or your access to your Account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all User Content in your Account.
The following sections of this Agreement shall survive any termination or cancellation of this Agreement: VI(b), XIV-XVII, XXII
We have implemented commercially reasonable technical and organizational measures designed to secure your personal information and User Content from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat those measures or use your personal information and User Content for improper purposes. You acknowledge that you provide your personal information and all User Content at your own risk.
XII. Copyright Policy
As set forth in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (“DMCA”), if you believe that your copyrighted work is accessible via the Service in a manner that infringes your copyright, please notify CareerConnection.me at
PO Box 10537
Newport Beach, CA 92658
For your complaint to be valid under the DMCA, you must provide the following information in writing:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner;
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and where it is located on the CareerConnection.me service;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit CareerConnection.me to contact you, such as your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information is accurate, and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
UNDER FEDERAL LAW, IF YOU KNOWINGLY MISREPRESENT THAT ONLINE MATERIAL IS INFRINGING, YOU MAY BE SUBJECT TO CIVIL PENALTIES, INCLUDING MONETARY DAMAGES, COURT COSTS, AND ATTORNEYS’ FEES.
CareerConnection.me has adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances account holders and subscribers who are repeat infringers. CareerConnection.me may also at its sole discretion limit access to the CareernConnection.me service and/or terminate the accounts of any users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.
I. Third Party Websites, Advertisers, or Services
III. NO WARRANTY
SOME COUNTRIES AND JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED TERMS IN CONTRACTS WITH CONSUMERS AND AS A RESULT THE CONTENTS OF THIS SECTION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, ACCURACY OF DATA OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, CAREERCONNECTION.ME, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AND ITS LICENSORS DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE CONTENT IS ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR CORRECT, THAT THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION, UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE, THAT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SERVICE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. ANY CONTENT DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS DOWNLOADED AT YOUR OWN RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM SUCH DOWNLOAD. CAREERCONNECTION.ME DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE CAREERCONNECTION.ME SERVICE OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE OR SERVICE, OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND CAREERCONNECTION.ME WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY MONITOR ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD–PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
IV. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY IN CONTRACTS WITH CONSUMERS AND AS A RESULT THE CONTENTS OF THIS SECTION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, CAREERCONNECTION.ME AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER BASED IN TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF PROFITS, DATA, USE, GOOD–WILL, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, RESULTING FROM OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO (i) YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICES; (ii) ANY CONDUCT OR CONTENT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD PARTIES; (iii) ANY CONTENT OBTAINED FROM THE SERVICES; AND (iv) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, USE OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR CONTENT, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER OR NOT CAREERCONNECTION.ME HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, AND EVEN IF A REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
V. Entire Agreement
VII. No Waivers
The failure or delay of CareerConnection.me at any time or times to require performance of any provision under this Agreement or to exercise its rights with respect to any provision of this Agreement shall in no manner operate as a waiver of or affect our right at a later time to enforce the same. No waiver by CareerConnection.me of any condition, or of the breach of any term, provision, covenant, representation or warranty contained in this Agreement, in any one or more instances, shall be deemed to be or construed as a further or continuing waiver of any such condition or breach or waiver of any other condition or of the breach of any other term, provision, covenant, representation or warranty. Except as expressly and specifically contemplated by the Agreement, no representations, statements, consents, waivers or other acts or omissions by any CareerConnection.me affiliate shall be deemed legally binding on any CareerConnection.me affiliate, unless in writing and signed by a duly appointed officer of CareerConnection.me.
Any notice, request, instruction, or other document required by the terms of this Agreement, or deemed by CareerConnection.me or you to be desirable to be given to us shall be in writing and shall be given by email personal delivery, overnight delivery, mailed by registered or certified mail, postage prepaid, with return receipt requested, or sent by facsimile transmission to the address of CareerConnection.me as follows:
PO Box 10537
Newport Beach, CA 92658
The above address is where CareerConnection.me accepts service of process. Any notice that you provide to another address shall have no legal effect
IX. Electronic Communication and Electronic Signatures
You agree to be bound by any affirmation, assent, or agreement you transmit through the Service, including but not limited to any consent you give to receive communications from CareerConnection.me solely through electronic transmission. You agree that when in the future you click on an “I agree,” “I consent,” or other similarly worded “button” or entry field with your mouse, keystroke, or other computer or mobile device, your agreement or consent will be legally binding and enforceable and the legal equivalent of your handwritten signature. If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us by email at info@CareerConnection.me.
X. Controlling Law Jurisdiction; Deadline to Bring Claims