This is the program that is missing from nearly every college career center.
We tell our young people that they can do anything they set out to do. “Work hard, get a solid education, a good job – the possibilities are endless!” The problem is, most don’t yet know what they want to do or how to go about it.
CareerConnection.me, founded by Jan Slater, is an interactive online career community for young adults that helps them learn realistic approaches to successfully entering the job market from seasoned mentors, and from their peers, to help launch meaningful, tailor-made careers.
It also provides parents with an affordable, interactive experience that involves them in helping prepare their children for the workplace.
CareerConnection.me is designed to:
- Save time and money, and to make the investment in education pay off.
- Introduce young adults to the fascinating and ever changing World of Work.
- Teach the realities of job-hunting, and the essential self-marketing skills that are key to being competitive in today’s difficult hiring market.
- Connect members to practitioners, mentors and other serious young people who may have already landed in their dream career.
- Provide parents and young adults meaningful and targeted career resources, each in a relevant space to think, discover, explore career desires and practical options.
CareerConnection.me was developed by veterans in human relations, executive coaches and career specialists, who found young people confused and ill prepared to enter the workplace, or having trouble with their career choices.
The CareerConnection.me program is structured for results; but the resources, the materials, and the videos are also intended for discovery and exploration, a quick brush-up as needed, or a connection to experienced practitioners and mentors.
Parents receive access to a separate CareerConnection.me website that includes all the same career resources as their young adult, providing a lot to talk about as their exciting career journey progresses.