The Power of Early Career Direction
It is never too early to know where you are going! While it would never be a good idea to “push” a child into a career decision, it IS a good idea to provide your children with as much “career exposure” as possible! Here are some suggestions:
- If your child has already given you “career clues” plan to take them places where this career field is in action and can be explored. Some examples:
- Your student loves computer games. Companies like Blizzard offer tours of their facility.
- Your child knows they want to work with animals. Check out your local zoo, aquarium, or animal shelter.
- If you know your student is thinking about a career that happens in a non-public place, look at your own workplace and contacts from friends, neighbors, or church/association members. Most adults are happy to conduct a tour and give career advice and information.
- If your children have shown no visible clues about their future interests and direction, use every shopping trip, family outing, movie and television viewing to point out different career possibilities and get their “take” on their interest in these areas.
You will be amazed at how much career information is all around us!
Remember, part of the career journey is to find out what they DON’T want as much as what they DO want!
If you want more info about CareerConnection.me, just reach out to the Career Connection team for answers to your questions or additional information. You can connect with us at –
For More Information About Our Summer Classes for Young Adults
Connect with us on Facebook
Join our mailing list and get inside tips, updates, and workshop information.